Imagine the sensation of dipping your toes into a sparkling pool on a sunny day, relaxing with your favorite book on a poolside lounger, and sharing laughter-filled meals with your loved ones by the poolside barbeque. These picturesque moments transform a property into a perfect holiday retreat and a lucrative investment for property owners. Pool vacation rentals with amazing pools embody this magic and are a prized offering in the world of vacation rentals. As an owner, these properties present you with unique opportunities for considerable returns on investment, both as Airbnb rentals and second homes.
Are you curious about the various types of vacation rental properties?
Our overview of different Airbnb property categories can get you started.
What’s Special about Pool Vacation Rentals
Vacation rentals with pools possess a unique appeal that sets them apart from other vacation rentals. They combine luxury and recreation, offering guests the promise of a private resort-style vacation. This distinctive charm makes pool vacation rentals an excellent investment opportunity.
- Endless demand: From families with children who can spend hours splashing about to adults who relish the idea of lounging by the water, pool rentals cater to a broad audience base.
- Higher rental rates: With the added luxury of a private pool, these properties can command a premium rental price.
- Increased occupancy rates: Pools are a year-round attraction, making these rentals popular even during the off-peak travel seasons.
Types of Pool Home Rentals
When it comes to a pool house, there’s a property for every guest’s preference. You’ll find quaint cottages with intimate plunge pools, luxurious villas with expansive infinity pools overlooking stunning vistas, and family-friendly homes with kid-friendly pools and water features.
- Plunge Pool Homes: These properties feature small, deep pools designed for cooling off and light swimming. They’re perfect for couples or small groups.
- Infinity Pool Villas: These high-end rentals have infinity pools that give the illusion of water extending to the horizon, often providing fantastic views. They cater to luxury-seeking guests.
- Family-Friendly Pool Homes: These houses include a safe, fun pool along with amenities like a pool fence, shallow end, or water games, attracting families with children.
- Resort-Style Pool Homes: These rentals have large pools along with amenities like poolside cabanas, outdoor BBQ areas, or hot tubs, ideal for large groups or events.
Popular Cities for Vacation Homes with Pools
The demand for pool vacation rentals is high in cities known for their sunny weather and relaxing lifestyles. Whether it’s the beach towns of Florida or the desert landscapes of Arizona, each city offers unique experiences for your guests.
- Miami, Florida: Known for its vibrant beaches and lively nightlife, pool rentals here provide a private haven away from the crowd.
- Phoenix, Arizona: In the desert heat, a pool rental becomes an oasis for guests.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Pool homes here offer a fun and relaxing counterpoint to the city’s bustling entertainment scene.
- Los Angeles, California: In this city of stars, a pool house rental often comes with beautiful views of the cityscape or the canyon.
- Orlando, Florida: With its numerous theme parks, pool rentals are a hit among families looking to cool off after a day of adventure.
- Palm Springs, California: This desert resort city is known for its modernist architecture and pool homes that embody the quintessential Palm Springs lifestyle.
- Austin, Texas: Amid the city’s buzzing music and food scene, pool homes provide a refreshing retreat.
- Charleston, South Carolina: Pool rentals here offer a luxurious respite from exploring the city’s rich history and southern charm.
Common Amenities for Pool Vacation Rentals
Guests at vacation homes value amenities that enhance their poolside experience. Complimentary items like pool floats, beach towels, or an outdoor grill are always appreciated. In addition, safety features such as a pool fence or safety alarms can offer peace of mind to families with children.
A step up from these basic amenities, many pool homes provide luxurious extras that turn a holiday into a truly special experience.
- Heated Pools: For cooler days or evening swims, a heated pool ensures year-round usability.
- Hot Tubs: An adjacent hot tub offers a space for relaxation and unwinding.
- Poolside Cabana: A cabana or gazebo provides a shaded space for guests to lounge or dine.
- Outdoor Kitchen or BBQ: This allows guests to enjoy alfresco dining by the pool.
- Pool Bar: A poolside bar adds a touch of luxury and convenience.
- Water Features: Fountains, waterfalls, or slides make the pool more attractive and entertaining.
Activities and Attractions Near Pool Home Rentals
While the pool itself is a major draw, guests also appreciate nearby attractions and activities that enhance their vacation. A property’s proximity to beaches, theme parks, hiking trails, or local attractions can significantly boost its appeal.
- Beach Access: For pool homes near the coast, easy access to beaches is a major bonus.
- Outdoor Activities: Close proximity to hiking, biking, or water sports offers more options for active guests.
- Golf Courses: Nearby golf courses are a draw for sports enthusiasts.
- Shopping and Dining: Being a short drive from local restaurants, boutiques, or farmers’ markets adds convenience and local flavor.
- Theme Parks: For properties in cities like Orlando or Los Angeles, proximity to theme parks is a big plus.
- Cultural Attractions: Nearby museums, art galleries, or historical sites can offer enriching experiences for guests.
How Much Does a Pool Vacation Home Cost?
Investing in a vacation home with a pool can vary widely in cost, depending on location, size, and amenities. A modest pool home in a less popular area might start in the mid-six figures, while a luxury pool villa in a prime location could cost several million dollars.
- Phoenix, Arizona: $350,000 – $1,000,000
- Las Vegas, Nevada: $400,000 – $1,200,000
- Miami, Florida: $500,000 – $2,000,000
- Los Angeles, California: $1,000,000 – $5,000,000
- Orlando, Florida: $300,000 – $900,000
- Palm Springs, California: $700,000 – $2,500,000
- Austin, Texas: $400,000 – $1,500,000
- Charleston, South Carolina: $500,000 – $1,200,000
What Factors Affect the Cost of Pool Vacation Rentals?
Several distinct aspects come into play when determining the price of a pool vacation rental. These elements can significantly affect the final price tag, from the location and the property’s dimensions to the pool’s unique features and overall condition.
- Location: The geographical location of the pool house is one of the primary influences on its cost. For instance, Properties in popular vacation spots or near major attractions are highly sought after and can command a higher price. Additionally, the desirability of a location can be influenced by its weather, with sunnier climates often commanding higher prices as they provide a more enticing pool experience.
- Size and Layout: The physical size of the home and the number of bedrooms it has significantly affect the price. Larger homes with multiple bedrooms can accommodate more guests, making them more lucrative as rental properties. Also, properties with open, spacious layouts can appeal to larger families or groups, driving up the price.
- Quality of the Pool: The condition, size, and unique features of the pool itself can directly impact the home’s value. Larger pools or those with added luxuries like infinity edges, heating systems, or water features like slides and fountains can justify a higher price tag. Even the type of pool, whether it’s a saltwater pool or a chlorine pool, can affect the cost.
- Condition of the Property: The overall condition of the property can also influence a pool home’s price. Homes that are newer or have recently been renovated typically demand higher prices. Key aspects include the condition of the roof, HVAC systems, plumbing, electrical systems, and any high-end appliances or finishes in the property.
- Additional Amenities: Beyond the pool, other on-site amenities can drive up the property’s price. These can include an outdoor kitchen or BBQ area, a hot tub, a poolside cabana, a well-equipped game room, a home theater, or even smart home features.
How to Make Your Pool Rental Property Stand Out to Guests
Creating a memorable guest experience is key to setting your amazing pool vacation rental apart. This means paying attention to detail, providing excellent customer service, and offering special amenities that cater to your guests’ needs.
- Themed Decor: Giving your pool area a unique theme can create a memorable experience for guests. Cost: $1,000 – $5,000.
- High-Tech Pool Features: Adding features like a self-cleaning system or a digitally controlled pool heater can impress tech-savvy guests. Cost: $2,000 – $10,000.
- Custom Pool Lighting: Colorful, adjustable lighting can transform the pool area at night, creating a magical ambiance. Cost: $1,500 – $3,500.
Vacation rentals with pools present an attractive investment opportunity. With their unique appeal, these properties cater to a wide audience and can command premium rental rates. By understanding the specific factors that make these rentals special, property owners can maximize their returns and offer an unforgettable holiday experience for their guests.
With over six years of short-term rental hosting experience, Karolyn has helped hundreds of guests have an enjoyable experience. I love writing and am passionate about real estate, hospitality, and photography. Karolyn holds a bachelor's degree in Journalism and enjoys sharing her experiences to help others.